LASERS which are extremely focused light beams, to alter or remove tissue in small amounts. Laser surgery is not limited to dentistry, but many people have never heard of laser dentistry before having it done. Dentists use lasers in a variety of procedures involving the inside of the mouth, be it to remove overgrown tissue, to reshape the gums, or to whiten teeth. Sometimes, laser dentistry is ideal for children who become anxious or afraid when having dental work done.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
• Patients are less likely to require sutures
• Anesthesia may not be necessary
• The laser will sterilize the gums, making infection less likely
• Less damage to gums shortens the healing time
• Patients lose less blood than traditional surgery